A group for young adults who struggle with social understanding
Download Now What Fall 2015 Flyer
Topics covered will include:
- Shared understanding of words, terms and expressions
- Different contexts have different expectations
- Different relationships have different expectations
- Asking questions for clarification and support
- Managing discomfort
- Self-advocacy and supports
- How much to self-disclose and judging the context
This group series will address social challenges through shared activities in a small group setting. The meetings are seminar-style (meeting for exchange of ideas). Topics and activities are designed for group discussion and participation.
This series offers the opportunity for support and information to strengthen flexibility and social comfort in a variety of settings.
October 6 to December 21, 2015
- Series of 11 weekly group meetings for enrolled members begins Tuesday, October 6th, 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
- Required: 30-minute intake meeting for new members prior to start of the series. Fee: $25.00
- Fee for series: $660.00. Payment by insurance or by Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation may be available.
- We will accept the first 8 members who have completed the intake and commit to joining the group.
Schedule intake or register:
Peggy Piers, M.Ed.-Counseling
7739 SW Capitol Hwy, Suite 220
Karen Mathew , M.S., CCC-SLP (Speech/Language Pathologist)